Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whew! Time flies!

Our Christmas card!
Charlie's tree. Later, stuffed animals surrounded it.
We have a great tradition in our family called the advent! I posted on it last year. Every day during December, we receive a present from my Aunt. Every day, she receives a letter from me, decorated by Charlie. Here he is writing to her. We were able to video chat while opening our presents and reading to her. It was a BLAST!
This is the ONLY picture of Charlie looking at me. During this year with Santa, he was all about business. He sat right up there, reached over for his bag of treats and hopped down. I had about three seconds to snap pics!
My precious boy and his beloved sucker!
We also received Charlie's first "hurt" letter. Poor thing was bit!!! I wondered how long he would escape it. As noted, he was comforted and felt all better. When I picked him up that day, he didn't even want me to see it. He said he had a boo boo. When I tried to look at it, he hid his arm and walked away. I tried to look at it for the rest of the evening, but he kept it hid. Of course, I kept this little slip of paper for the "wall of fame" in our home.

Time has indeed flown since my last post. We enjoyed a loving visit to sweet home Alabama. Now, the Christmas decorations are down and my house feels empty. Every Christmas ends too soon for me. Hope the New Year is full of prosperity and great memories for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...